Friday, February 7, 2014

A Love Poem and Thank You Shout Out

On our wedding day, we received many wonderful gifts and I am very thankful for all of them. One simple, sweet gift we got included a poem. This poem has been displayed in our home ever since and is a good reminder for our marriage.

If you learn the art of compromise,
The craft of give and take
And keep in mind your partner,
In the choices that you make.

If you can just remember, 
It's the little things that add,
More pleasure to the good days
And comfort to the bad.

If your partner is your best friend,
Your pal, your mate, your buddy,
Who sticks with you through all your moods,
The good, the bad, "the nutty".

If a hugs your favorite thing to wear,
A kiss, your midnight treat.
And if you think a cuddle
Is the perfect source of heat.

If your favorite choice of music,
Is the other person's laughter...
Then clearly, you two know the way
To Happily Ever After.

I love this poem and it is always a sweet reminder of our love and how we wanted to live in our marriage. So since Valentine's Day is in a week,  I just wanted to share the love with everyone, especially my hubby!

Also, special THANK YOU shout out to my friend Ashley! She designed the new look for my blog and put up with my random emails when I couldn't figure out exactly what I wanted. She did an amazing job and I absolutely love it!. You can follow her here

Happy Love week everyone!
 photo emilygsig_zps11144ed0.png

2 comments:

  1. I still love your blog so much. And I LOVE the way your signature turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! Sometimes I just open the page to stare at it lol. And the signature line is beautiful! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete