Friday, December 13, 2013

First Semester Down

So for those that don't know, I'm currently a freshman at Dixie State University. So far I'm loving it! I'm majoring in English to be an editor. Don't expect my blog to be professional though. It's my blog for goodness sake!

Anyway.

Since we've reached the end of the semester, I'd like to reflect on some things I learned during the last 4 months.

1. Yes I can whip out a paper last minute and receive an A but the stress of doing that is not worth it to me. Next semester, I'll start papers more than 2 hours before they are due.

2. I study better at the table because I focus more. I should most definitely stop studying on the couch. That's what I bought a desk for, right?

3. Just because you don't like the professor doesn't mean you can't learn something from them.

4. Having good communications with your professors gets you a long way.

5. When you are learning a language and have to take an oral exam, it's best to get lots of sleep the night before or you'll break down in tears and walk out in the middle of the test.(True story, but my professor let me come back in to try and finish, I still couldn't so she gave me half credit)

6. Find time to still have fun! Attend more campus activities and really get to know people!

7. TURN OFF NETFLIX! AND FACEBOOK!

I'm really looking forward to next semester. I'll be taking 17 course credits but I think I can handle it. I'm just so excited about furthering my education and finally having a degree. It's going to be amazing! I'm so glad we survived this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment